Saturday, October 23, 2010

No need to convince


After nearly five months of working, I quit my job, without having the other one. I joined work immediately after my exams. The first one was at an NGO and it was just okay kinds. It was getting boring and I did not find any growth there. Unnecessary office politics was just the spoiling the working environment there and finally I quit after three months. Soon, after I got an internship with leading tabloid. I covered legal and occasional crime stories. The work was so much fun. I have learnt a great deal of lessons of life and of journalism in these two months. I again quit this job citing personal reasons. Now these reasons were not digestible to many curious cats. Many of the lot, having no experience of journalism whatsoever, termed my reason of quitting as- unconvincing, unreasonable and stupid. There were many terms, but the most used ones are been used here. Why was it so hard to accept that someone can genuinely need a break? I mean the people who matters me the most including my parents and boos had no issues with my decision. And I still have no regrets of quitting. The term ‘break’ meant a comeback after a while and not lifelong unemployment. I will back to business in a while.

The idea is just to inform people that someone must be genuinely having reasons behind their decision. Stop being nosy in other’s business and I am sure no one will question you on your decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment